Monday, August 9, 2010

Fire in the Hole!

Will elaborate on the events in the past couple weeks later, but this past weekend, had Korean food twice! which necessitated my making my *own* Korean dish. Oh what a disaster! I needed hot pepper paste, but the jar I bought was not properly sealed - so I returned to the grocery store to exchange, and the second jar was also not properly sealed. Then I exchanged again for the box-type with the plastic seal - and that also was not properly sealed. In a conversation with a friend, I decided not to use them, especially because they were made in the P.R.O.C. Made in China AND not properly sealed? No way. The recipe I was trying to use was for Korean Spicy Chicken and Potato - So for chile paste, I substituted 1.5 tbp hot pepper powder and 1 tsp of minced fresh ginger. I tell you what - I'm going to get a stomach ulcer if I keep eating this - but i LOVED it!

Red Hot Spicy! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment