Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Korean Food Day
On my random spree through the grocery store when I got the basmati rice, I picked up a container of Korean fermented black bean sauce. My very first encounter with Korean JaJiangMyun was my freshman year of college - I had some at a Chinese-Korean restaurant - looked like tar, tasted like tar on too soggy noodles and I wanted to vomit all the way until my philosophy essay test the next day (ate nothing, but did okay in the class anyway :) my hypoglycemic ramblings). My next few encounters were with my new roommate my last year in college - her mother had taught her how to make a version which I liked very much but I'm not sure if I've ever duplicated it. Anyways, got a craving for it today, and was tired of curry, so here it is!:
Yummy! Here is where I got the recipe. I pretty much followed the recipe exactly as written. However.. I would not recommend using Pork Belly. Bought it for the first time today - pig skin kind of grosses me out, and it has a very porky taste too which I am not a fan of. Plus, I couldn't even cut it with my knives - had to use sewing scissors :-X. I'm going to use normal pork loin next time. Also I pickled some daikon radish (the Vietnamese way) which goes well with the dish. My previous roommate had used stew beef chunks, potato, and carrots, black bean sauce, onion, and soy sauce, I think. I like this daikon-japanese sweet potato combo. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment